Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to download and print our employment application.
DONATION CENTER OFFICE SUPERVISOR
The Big Brothers Big Sisters Donation Center is seeking a detailed- and customer-focused team player who thrives in a dynamic work environment to contribute to our continued success in the role of Office Supervisor. The Office Supervisor works in strong collaboration with the Director and Operations Manager to effectively lead Donation Center operations to maximize revenue generated to support BBBSOS’s youth mentoring programs.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing aspects of the Donation Center’s customer service and scheduling efforts to achieve target appointment and collection goals. You’ll lead the inbound call center team in providing a high level of customer service with a strong focus on efficient operations. The Office Supervisor serves as the primary contact for collection drive and bin sponsors and leads the Donation Center’s partnerships with other entities.
- Manage all aspects of the donor and driver scheduling system – maintain customer data, set up and monitor system parameters, train office team to schedule customer appointments in the system and troubleshoot problems.
- Coordinate and manage data entry of all collection activities into spreadsheet reports and/or web-hosted reporting system.
- Develop and document office workflow procedures. Conduct orientation and training for office team members; ensure ongoing training and development. Provide administrative support to the Director.
- Coordinate and strengthen the Donation Center’s partnerships with other entities. This includes leading customer service efforts related to special collection drives, clothing donation bin sponsors, regular business pickups and managed apartment pickups.
- Maintain the set up of BBBSOS office telephone system including auto-attendant structure and recordings. Serve as first point of contact with vendor.
- Role model positive, proactive customer service for office team. Handle unusual or difficult customer calls or complaints and resolve issues. Coordinate effective resolution of daily customer service issues with Operations Manager and/or Director, Operations & Administration.
BA/BS degree strongly preferred; significant relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Minimum of 2-4 years of supervisory experience in a call center, office, or customer service environment is required. Our ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities.
Our Donation Center operates 7 days/week. This position works Tuesday-Saturday to meet the needs of our customers.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements via Indeed apply link or email to email@example.com.
DONATION CENTER DRIVER (non-CDL)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State is seeking responsible, customer-focused drivers to join our Donation Center team. These are non-CDL driver positions with an immediate FULL TIME work schedule of 3-4 days/week. Work schedule will include rotating Saturdays.
In this position, you will be responsible for safely operating a 18 foot box truck to complete a daily pick-up route of 45-60 stops to collect cloth and small household donations. Routes are completed using a tablet device and route management software. Additional responsibilities include performing and documenting daily vehicle inspections, loading/unloading of goods collected, and interacting with donors in a polite, professional manner.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Must have a DOT health card (or be able to obtain upon hire). Previous experience driving a box truck is strongly preferred. Applicants must be physically able to alternately sit, stand, walk, lift, and climb throughout the duration of a 10-12 hour shift as well as lift and move items weighing up to 75 pounds.
TO APPLY: E-mail resume to HR@BBBSOS.org or complete an application at Big Brothers Big Sisters Donation Center, 1540 Pontiac Ave, Cranston, RI during the hours of 9am – 6pm, Monday thru Saturday.