Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to download and print our employment application.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNITY RELATIONS
Are you someone who is not afraid to knock on doors? Passionate about forging new relationships to build financial support for a cause? Want to make a positive impact on how children grow up in Rhode Island? Then, this job is for YOU !
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State, Rhode Island’s leading youth mentoring organization, has an immediate opening for a dynamic, experienced fundraising professional to assume the role of Director of Development and Community Relations.
We’re specifically looking for someone who can hit the ground running and bring our successful development platform to the next level. The primary focus of this position is to boldly execute our comprehensive development strategies to meet revenue, brand recognition and volunteer recruitment goals. Your first assignment will be to jump in and lead the committee efforts currently underway to make our annual fundraising gala a success. Ready to get started?
This position reports to our Executive Director and leads all efforts related to the management of BBBSOS’s fund development and community outreach initiatives.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Fund Development: Develop and drive the strategies for creating and fulfilling a comprehensive and integrated plan for individual and corporate giving. Responsibilities lie in identifying, soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding donors.
- Event Management: Special events make up HALF of our development income. You’ll coordinate and manage all aspects (“A to Z”) of the special events including our annual gala, scholarship award breakfast, and the mission-focused Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraiser.
- Community Relations : Work to become known as the “face of BBBSOS”. Maintain a flexible work schedule to attend community networking events and participate/present to community and professional associations.
- Marketing : Execute BBBSOS’s annual marketing and communications strategies to meet publicity, volunteer recruitment and brand recognition objectives. This includes directing a graphic design consultant for for print and electronic media as well as creating content in-house.
- Grant Management : Lead the agency’s grant writing and reporting activities. This includes writing grants yourself and/or delegating to staff members or subcontractors.
- Staff Leadership : Supervise the Development Associate; direct and coach Associate on all aspects of outreach, fundraising and communications responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, exceptional organization and communication skills, and a proven track record of building relationships and influencing others to secure donations of $2,500+ from multiple donor channels along with experience running special events.
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field and 3-5 years of leadership experience in fundraising, outside sales or non-profit management is required.
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter that is 500 words or less and highlights your greatest professional achievement today, your resume and your salary requirements to Admin<at>BBBSOS.org.
DONATION CENTER DRIVER (non-CDL)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State is seeking responsible, customer-focused drivers to join our Donation Center team. These are non-CDL driver positions with an immediate FULL TIME work schedule of 3-4 days/week. Work schedule will include rotating Saturdays.
In this position, you will be responsible for safely operating a 18 foot box truck to complete a daily pick-up route of 45-60 stops to collect cloth and small household donations. Routes are completed using a tablet device and route management software. Additional responsibilities include performing and documenting daily vehicle inspections, loading/unloading of goods collected, and interacting with donors in a polite, professional manner.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Must have a DOT health card (or be able to obtain upon hire). Previous experience driving a box truck is strongly preferred. Applicants must be physically able to alternately sit, stand, walk, lift, and climb throughout the duration of a 10-12 hour shift as well as lift and move items weighing up to 75 pounds.
TO APPLY: E-mail resume to HR@BBBSOS.org or complete an application at Big Brothers Big Sisters Donation Center, 1540 Pontiac Ave, Cranston, RI during the hours of 9am – 6pm, Monday thru Saturday.