Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to download and print our employment application.
We currently have the following positions available:
Are you someone who is not afraid to knock on doors? Passionate about forging new relationships to build support for a cause? Want to make a positive impact on how children grow up in RI? Then, this job is for YOU !
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State has an immediate opening for a dynamic, experienced fundraising professional to assume the role of Director of Development and Community Relations.
We’re specifically looking for someone who can hit the ground running and bring our successful development platform to the next level. Your first assignment will be to update and revise our comprehensive development strategies to meet revenue, brand recognition and volunteer recruitment goals. Ready to get started?
This position reports to our Executive Director and leads all efforts related to the management of BBBSOS’s fund development and community outreach initiatives.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Fund Development: Develop and drive the strategies for creating and fulfilling a comprehensive and integrated plan for individual and corporate giving. Responsibilities lie in identifying, soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding donors.
Event Managemen t: Special events make up HALF of our development income. You’ll coordinate and manage all aspects (“A to Z”) of the special events including our annual gala, scholarship award breakfast, and the upcoming Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraiser.
- Community Relations: Work to become known as the “face of BBBSOS”. Maintain a flexible work schedule to attend community networking events and participate/present to community and professional associations.
- Marketing: Execute BBBSOS’s annual marketing and communications strategies to meet publicity, volunteer recruitment and brand recognition objectives. This includes developing content for all print and electronic media.
- Grant Management: Lead the agency’s grant writing and reporting activities. This includes writing grants yourself and/or delegating to staff members or subcontractors.
- Staff Leadership: Supervise the Development and Communications Coordinator; direct and coach Coordinator on all aspects of outreach, development and communications responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, exceptional organization and communication skills, and a proven track record of building relationships and influencing others to secure donations of $2,500+ from multiple donor channels along with experience running special events.
A Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field and 3–5 years of leadership experience in fundraising, outside sales or non-profit management is required.
TO APPLY: Click here to apply online, or download our employment application and mail it to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State, 1540 Pontiac Ave., Cranston, RI 02920, with a cover letter, your resume and your salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: leadership: 3 years
If you are interested in an internship position at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State, email mentoring@BBBSOS.org with subject line: Internship.